Monday 30 May 2011

Godaddy Email problem with hosted applications

My web application hosted on Godaddy can't send email messages after being uploaded there. But it works normally and can send email messages from my local machine. I tried many variations for SMTP configuration as follows but no-way for success:

1- This configuration is working from my local machine

· SMTP: smtp.mydomain.com

· Port: 25

· SSL: not enabled

· user: webmaster@mydomain.com

· password: **********

2- This configuration is not working

· SMTP: smtpout.secureserver.net

· Port: 25 or 80 or 3535 or 587

· SSL: not enabled

· Cedential user: webmaster@mydomain.com

· Cedential password: **********

3- This configuration is not working

· SMTP: smtp.secureserver.net

· Port: 25 or 80 or 3535 or 587

· SSL: not enabled

· Cedential user: webmaster@mydomain.com

· Cedential password: **********

I found the solution, and it was so old problem, since 2005, I found it in the following link:

http://forums.asp.net/t/939893.aspx/1?Problem+with+System+Net+Mail+on+GoDaddy

The problem is that SMTP-server is not smtpout.secureserver.net as Godaddy tells me. But It is relay-hosting.secureserver.net that nobody tells me at all. There is no need for user name or password, relay is open for 1000 message per day for hosted applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment